Tuesday 1 July 2014

My first post! My Craft Room - Part 1



Here I go! My first blog post. I am so excited about my new creative place I can't wait to make something but there is still lots to do to make my room just perfect.

My Creative Place Part 1

We started gutting what was our old kitchen back in February to make a craft/utility room.
Gutted!

With only weekends really to work on it it has taken us ages. The walls had to be dry lined & waiting for the builder to come & plaster them held us back a bit.
Plastered!
A slate tiled floor was painstakingly put down by my "star" of a husband. Not the easiest of jobs. Each one was of a different thickness so to get them level was murder. They then had to be grouted and sealed. 
After a bit of plumbing a new sink unit was installed with Ikea kitchen units and beech worktops from B & Q. Two deep window sills were made out of the side panels of an old wardrobe.
Neat!
I had the task of doing all the painting. Not an easy or quick job. We have beams which had to be painted black. I would prefer them to be bare wood but it would have been a far too hard & messy job. I could only paint a few at a time as it hurt my neck so much. After lots of searching online for colour inspiration turquoise really appealed to me but I chickened out. I played safe & chose B & Q Antique White Matt Emulsion in the end. The room has a low ceiling with small windows facing east so it can get quite dark especially on dull days so decided a light shade would be better. I still haven't finished all the walls.
....to be cont'd

No comments:

Post a Comment